Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Electronics & Water

Everyone knows electronics and water don't mix. But I have countless friends who have dropped their cell phone in the toilet, washing machine or had another expensive device meet some other untimely demise.

I have an history of electronics and water. When I was a sophomore in college, I broke my elbow. Really badly. I had surgery to implant 17 pins and 3 plates. Then I had a huge cast for a little while.

A week after I broke it, I was trying to water a plant in my dorm room that my wonderful boyfriend (now my husband!) had given me for my birthday. I managed to spill the water on my laptop. I made the cardinal mistake of panicking and turning it back on right away. It never worked again. I was so upset. Luckily, my parents felt bad for me with the whole elbow thing and thought I was a trooper for even going back to school that soon.

Fast forward to this past month...I was at the beach and I had my camera. I left it on my chair and the tide came in. The camera was underwater. So upset!! This is how we handled it:

1) Did NOT turn it on.
2) Removed the battery.
3) Put it in a bag of rice for a few days.
4) Turned it on and it works pretty well. A few problems.

*Sigh of relief*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!