Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Powdered Milk

We've been using lots of whole milk at our home lately since that's the only kind toddlers are supposed to consume. But when I cook, I hate to use it (calories!) and also we seem to go through it so fast I don't like to 'waste' it.

So I started using non-fat powdered milk in my baking and cooking excursions. I had a big box I used for my DIY Frappiccuino which is taking up space in my pantry. The instructions are on the side. Baked goods seem to turn out well when I substitute the reconstituted milk for the regular milk.

It is far cheaper and has less calories and fat than using whole milk. Also, if you were out of milk, it saves you a trip to the grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!