Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Toddler Slippers

We don't wear shoes in the house all that much. It keeps things cleaner and I think it's just comfy. So our little boy runs around in his socks most of the time. I decided he needed some slippers.

I made these very much the same way as I made the baby shoes I shared last week. I did make my own pattern, though.

To do this, I traced the bottom of his shoes and added about 1/2" for a seam allowance. I free-hand drew a shape for the toe and then just measured around the back to determine how much fabric was needed to make a casing.

Last, I assembled them in the same manner as the baby shoes and added the elastic inside the casing! He loves them and they fit perfectly.

**The red pair is for Christmas.**

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, is there another page where you list supplies needed, such as size of elastic, what fabrics to use, etc.? These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!