Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Upcycled Corbel Shelf

I wanted a shelf for school supplies in our study room. If you recall, I painted a chalkboard-topped desk a few months ago for this same room. 

I wanted a shelf to keep certain items out of the little hands of two little boys. I was able to upcycle the corbels I used for this shelf from the old farmhouse that used to sit on our property. Quick explanation of the old farmhouse can be found here


My dad made the shelf on top of the corbels. It's a lovely piece of pine and he even left the bark on the side at my request. 


Here's a quick before picture of the corbels. I cleaned them (they'd been in our barn for ages) and then spray painted them with textured black spray paint. 

3 comments:

  1. New follower. Found you through the Sun Scholar Link-Up!
    Glad to meet you! Also glad to find a great mommy/homeschool site.
    Hope you will hop over and follow back!

    Julie @ Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk
    www.heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your crafty creation and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us in the Crafty Showcase. Stop back in to see who gets featured on Friday.

    Merry Christmas,
    Susie, Sandy, Sarah & the Bowdabra Designers
    http://www.bowdabrablog.com

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!