Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Nursing Cover: Bound Edge

nursing cover with bound edge
I have spent a lot of time nursing both of my children as babies/toddlers. So my nursing cover got a lot of use. And it shrank. A lot.

And a tiny nursing cover sort of defeats the purpose of a nursing cover at all, doesn’t it???


So I decided to make a new one. And since I just got a great new Binding Foot for my sewing machine (inspired by See Kate Sew’s blanket tutorial) I decided to deviate from my nursing cover tutorial I posted a few years ago.

nursing cover with bound edge

And I made the binding from the old nursing cover. It was plain blue. Kind of boring. This one is a busier print. (It was on the bargain table at the fabric store.)

nursing cover with bound edge

And I used all the hardware from the old nursing cover. So this was a super quick project! And that binding foot worked really well. And normally, I hate binding things and it takes me forever. But this was amazing because I didn’t have to pin at all, let alone twice.

Amazing.



Places I have linked:
Or So She SaysTrain to CrazyTater tots & Jello Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee CraftsReasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of HepworthsSomeday CraftsSouthern Lovely504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the FridgeI heart NapTime, Classy ClutterA Glimpse Inside, Somewhat SimpleGingerly MadeSerenity NowToday's Creative BlogThe Winthrop ChroniclesHome Stories A to Z

1 comment:

  1. I loved the nursing cover that my grandma made for me. This is a great idea. I cannot imagine nursing without it! We are starting a link up party on Thursdays (today:), and we would love for you to join us with this post and/or any others you would like to include. We are at allthingswithpurpose.com. Hope to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!