Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

Fire Truck Print PJ Shorts and Shirt

My kids don't wear clothing that I pick out for them. They prefer hand me downs from friends who are older. However, I still like to make them PJ's because I know they will wear them. I usually make pjs for the oldest child and then they are handed down, but I decided to make some for the middle son a few weeks ago. I got this fabric at Hobby Lobby and knew it would be perfect for my boys! 

This is the pattern called Coastal Craze Baggies, which is one of my favorites. I have made it often! See herehere and here


This fabric is woven, and the pattern calls for knits, but I've just sized up and woven or flannel fabrics have worked just fine. 


I made another blue Recess Raglan shirt, the same as the camping theme shirts I made my oldest son a few weeks back. I did not stencil this one. At least, not yet. The blue I had left from the camping theme shirts matches the fire truck fabric perfectly. 


2 comments:

  1. Cute! did you cut on the bias for the waistband? super job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe it looks like it is on the bias, but it's actually cut horizontally instead of vertically. I did it to conserve fabric! But I should just call it a 'feature'!

      Delete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!